Background Errors. Criminal check. Is yours accurate. 404.288.4444 Georgia credit report attorney. Metro Atlanta. Athens. Click here for our Online contact form.
Don’t let background errors cost you a job or promotion.
Background errors in employment checks can be a nightmare to fix and can cost you a job or housing.
We handle problems involving inaccurate employment background checks, truck driver screening, criminal background check and tenant rent history.
Background Errors. Criminal check. Is yours accurate. 404.288.4444 Georgia credit report attorney. Metro Atlanta. Athens.
When a company provides an employment background report to a prospective employer the background an screening report will provide personal and employment data in the following areas:
- FCRA checks.They pull your credit report (Fair Credit Reporting Act).
- OFAC Check for USA Patriot Act Compliance. OFAC is the Office of Foreign Assets Control which keeps tabs on, among other things, terrorist and money laundering.
- County-Level Criminal Checks for criminal records.
- National Sexual Predator Search.
- Occupational Substance Abuse Testing.
- State Driving Records. This is especially true for truck drivers.You have a legal right to know what is in the background report and if you do not get the job you have legal right to receive a written notice of the ‘adverse action’.
- Items checked for a Landland/Tenant history:
- A scoring of your projected performance based on both past history and present income. This scoring model assigns you a recommendation of either ‘yes – good tenant’ or ‘no- risky tenant’.
- Criminal records.
- Eviction records.If any of the records pulled by a ‘specialty reporting agency’ are incorrect the report will be inaccurate. But the damage is done. However, you can dispute the information contained in these reports and have legal recourse against the company pulling and then incorporating inaccurate data into your files.These specialty reporting agencies used by employers and landlords have a duty to first verify the source and then the information they include in their reports. The reports should contain your information and not be mixed or merged with another person. Certain criminal records should be omitted completed.