Who Can Pull My Credit Report?
- Your permission is not needed if an inquiry is made in connection with a pre-approved offer of credit.
- Anyone with a bona fide “legitimate business need” has authority to pull your credit report.
- Such as:
- Someone who is considering approving your request for credit
- Companies where you already have an existing account
- Child Support enforcement purposes by state or local agency
- Almost any governmental agencies (but limited to what can be viewed)
- Government agencies that you applied to for a license, or agencies that you applied to for benefits if your financial status is to be considered
- Debt collectors collecting on an account
- Your current employer, prior employer or a prospective employer will need you to give them written consent to get a copy of your credit report.
Credit report problems with Equifax, Experian or Transunion; or other credit reporting agency. Identity theft, employment background check, truck driver screening, job screening, criminal history, credit law, credit repair attorney, credit report and impermissible credit report pull. Lee Legal serves Atlanta, Athens, Conyers, Covington, Dacula, Decatur, Druid Hills, Grayson, Jonesboro, Lawrenceville, Lithonia, Loganville, Monroe, McDonough, Morrow, Oxford, Porterdale, Redan, Social Circle, Stockbridge, Watkinsville, Winder areas. Clarke, Clayton, DeKalb, Gwinnett, Henry, Newton, Rockdale, Walton county and south and east Metro Atlanta area. Who Can Pull My Credit Report?